Most companies, when they think of social media promotion, think of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the like. However, YouTube is one of the largest and most popular social networks in the world – it is, in fact, the second largest website in the world. That, of course, means a huge range and possibilities to increase the awareness of your company, generate more traffic and involvement and generate more leads.
In this blog post, I will show you why and how you can use YouTube to promote your business
Why YouTube? YouTube in numbers
Before we go into the why and how here are some useful statistics to help you understand why YouTube is such a great business platform:
YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world, as well as the second-largest website, with more than 1 billion registered subscribers
- People view 1 billion hours of video on YouTube every day
- YouTube reaches more 18-49 year olds on mobile than any cable or TV channel network
- YouTube reaches more 18-34 year olds in the United States than any TV network
And YouTube doesn’t show signs of slowing down, which makes things pretty clear: people of all ages, from all over the world, like to watch videos online.
That is, of course, one of the biggest advantages from a promotional point of view: YouTube is where your audience is. A good YouTube strategy can help you reach more people and improve your results overall.
But where do you start?
Create a YouTube strategy
YouTube can be more time consuming than other social networks; after all, it’s one thing to write an update and create images versus consistently create new video content. The good news is that it’s easier than ever, but let’s first discuss the strategy before we start making videos.
To begin with, what do you want to achieve with YouTube and video marketing? What are your exact goals? For instance:
- Improve brand awareness and commitment
- Generate more leads and conversions
- Generate more traffic to your website
- Improve sales
If you know your goals, you can create the right videos for your channel, videos that reach your goals
READ MORE AT - Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools for 2020
What types of videos can you create?
One of the most important things to prevent companies from taking advantage of YouTube is that … well, you need to create videos and you’re not sure what. Or how, for that matter.
At least, not without spending too much money and time on creating and promoting videos.
However, in reality, it is no longer difficult to create quality videos: in some cases, you don’t even need a camera. And when it comes to the types of brand and marketing videos you can create, there are numerous options for the different stages of the sales funnel
At the top of the sales funnel
If you want to generate more brand awareness, these videos will help you achieve those goals:
- Brand videos that show your business and your core values
- Educational and instructional videos (people love instructional videos on YouTube!)
- Interviews with influential people and opinion leaders in your niche.
- Animated videos
- Documentaries: like this great example of a content marketing documentary (which deals with content marketing!) From the Content Marketing Institute:
Middle of the funnel videos
Once you have captured people’s attention, you can use the video to further nurture these potential leads:
- Product videos that demonstrate what your product can do for your target audience
- Video testimonials: basically, instead of obtaining the usually written testimonial of your clients, you can film a testimony.
- Case studies: for example, you can show how a customer used your product successfully
Managing your YouTube channel
If you haven’t used YouTube for business yet, you may be surprised to discover that there aren’t really many management tools, at least, not like other social networks.
However, especially as it grows, a management tool becomes a necessity, as it helps you track your comments and respond to them, as well as monitor your brand mentions.
One of the few tools that do this is Agorapulse, which is a social media management tool that works with the most important social networks. But we are here to talk about YouTube management.
One of the best things about it is that you can monitor and manage all your YouTube comments in one place, and that includes responding to them. In addition, you can pre-moderate comments and decide when and what to post, and you can save common responses to respond to comments more quickly and efficiently.
In addition, you can work as part of a team and collaborate with others to respond to comments. And last but not least, you can monitor your company’s name on YouTube and be sure to watch your company’s videos or other mentions so you can act as quickly as possible.
Use tools to help you create video content
As I mentioned earlier, creating videos for business is more accessible than ever, since there are numerous video marketing tools to help you create videos with footage, audio, and voice-overs.
Now you can create almost any type of video you can think of, with a tool: animated video, live-action videos and even stop motion videos.
There are several excellent tool options, such as:
- Slidely Promo, for live-action videos
- Wave, for live-action videos (you can easily create the same video for any social network, to help you reuse your video content)
- Vyond, to create animated videos
Don’t forget about search engine optimization
You may remember before how YouTube is one of the largest search engines in the world.
But if you want people to find your videos through search, then you need to optimize your channel and videos for YouTube search engine.
When it comes to SEO, there are several factors that you should consider:
- Your channel’s keywords: Choose keywords that represent your business and your video content to help YouTube understand what your channel is about
- Video title and description: use relevant keywords in both the title and the description of the video; This also helps YouTube understand what your video is about
- Video tags: Just like your channel’s keywords, you must add relevant tags to each of the videos you post to ensure greater visibility
- Watch time: the more time people spend watching their videos, the better their SEO. Basically, YouTube will promote videos that people watch for longer, instead of videos that open and close quickly (it is very likely to assume that those videos are not as good or that they are not fulfilling what they promised in the headline and description)
- Engagement metrics: YouTube also cares about the amount of engagement (comments, likes/dislikes, sharing) that your videos get: the more, the better!
- Subscriber numbers: YouTube drives larger channels, but that’s not all; also analyze how many new subscribers you get immediately after watching one of your videos
To correctly optimize your videos, and find good tags and keywords to use, you can use tools such as TubeBuddy, a YouTube-certified YouTube management tool, with various video SEO functions, such as tag suggestions, best practice audits and Keyword ranking tracking for YouTube.
If you want to put together a successful video marketing strategy, you should definitely consider YouTube marketing. It will help you reach a much wider audience, generate more engagement, and improve knowledge, traffic, and potential customers.
About AuthorCBitss Provide Best Digital Marketing Course in Chandigarh. If you are looking best training institute in Chandigarh Then Join CBitss Technologies. Cbitss Provide Best SMO, SMM, SEM, PPC, SEO Training in Chandigarh.